Thursday, August 5, 2010

Family and Food

Family and Food

I have four sons and they all cook.

Don Jr.,  my oldest is great with soups, especially Pea soup, the best I ever tasted and makes excellent pulled pork in a crock pot.

Dan, Don's twin brother, cooks a variety of dishes; lives with me in Atlanta and does half the cooking. All delicious and can make tender steaks that I normally turn into rubber.

David, well let me introduce you to a Master Chef who has cooked for many, many celebrities including President Bill Clinton. Of all the excellent chefs in Philadelphia the Mayor chose David to prepare dinner for a fund raiser for President Clinton with about 200 guests. Chicken and Salmon were the choices and you better believe, at $10,000 a plate, it had to be good. Bill of course had 2 servings.

David is Executive Chef at
David D Trevelino
Executive Chef
301-767-0511
240-271-2294 Cell
TPC POTOMAC AT AVENEL FARM
10000 Oaklyn Dr
Potomac Md, 20854

David, over the years,  turned my old fashioned cookouts of hot dogs and burgers into a virtual feast. From whole pig roasts to Filet Mignon.  Dig this...Maryland crabs, steamed and raw clams, 2 inch thick veal chops, Tiger Shrimp(5 -6 inches long) and so much more. Thank you David.

Of course I have four sons, so here is the youngest guy...

Dean, I refer to him as the Adventurous Gourmet. I don't believe he makes the same dish twice,and it is always unique. From Filet Mignon to Grits it will always be different.. His son Lex, my grandson, at 10 years already prepares a most delicious King Crab pasta sauce that will knock your socks off.

So... the family tradition goes on. Love it.

1 comment:

  1. You and your boys are all so talented! My mom and I would love to visit David's restaurant. What a special treat that would be. I'm very impressed at his dinner for President Clinton no less. That reminds me of the show "Dinner Impossible" - now that's a feat! We hope to see him and all at the family dinner in November. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete