Thursday, August 5, 2010

Inside My Kitchen ... Foods I Enjoy

Food.  Eat as healthy as you wish.  I tend to ignore calories and other healthful guidelines.  I go for the tastes I like.  I have been the same weight, within five pounds, for more than 50 years.  But you know your body and how you want to live, so change and modify to your desires.

Meat.  Beef, pork, veal, chicken, turkey, cornish hens, hot dogs, bacon-pork, venison, pheasant, buffalo, lamb.

Seafood.  Tilapia, cod, flounder, salmon, tuna, oysters, clams, mussels, shrimp, crabs -- bluepoint/king, scallops, anchovies, white fish.

Vegetables.  Spinach, broccoli rabe, escarole, corn, peas, carrots, celery, mushrooms, lettuce-iceberg, loose green, red romaine, string beans/French cut, chick peas, beans/cannolini/kidney/navy, cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant, onions/red/white/yellow, scallions, onions, olives/green/black/Spanish, pimentos, peppers/chili/hot/sweet cherry/bell/Holland/banana/hot/sweet, jalapeno/long Italian, cabbage, Chinese celery, brussel sprouts, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, rice/long grain/brown, potatoes/Idaho/sweet yams/small red, nuts -- all kinds, tomatoes/plum, guacamole, vegetables -- variety of canned.


Fruit.  Pears, apples, navel oranges, tangerines, peaches, strawberries, bananas, berries -- blue, black, raspberries, honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, persimmon, plums, grapes -- seedless, cherries, Chinese apples, cranberries, pineapple, juices.

Packaged.  Quaker Grits & Oats, buttermilk pancakes, all-purpose flour, corn meal, plain bread crumbs, onion soup, au ju gravy, two percent milk, sour cream, heavy cream, eggs, butter, chicken, beef broth, cream of mushroom.

I inherited the forbidden fruit.  I don't know what it is or where it is, if I find out I'll stay away from it.  That's what screwed everything up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment