Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cook Book for Baby Boomers ... Maybe Coming Soon

Live Alone.  Cook Alone.  Eat Alone ... on a Low Budget.

The recipes are arranged by food item, rice, spinach, beans, beef, chicken, fish, shrimp, etc. So you choose what you like and view a variety of recipes for each.  You can make anything as spicy as you like or as mild.  Most dishes you will make will be two to four servings; one to eat and the others you freeze for later.  Some dishes are not compatible for freezing.  They will be noted.  A variety of pasta sauces, stir fried rice and, what I call "peasant pot soul food," filling, nourishing and tasty.

How healthy will these dishes be?  I don't know.  I have been eating these foods all my life and I am 76.  You must use your own judgement or seek advice.  Most of my recipes are light on salt although we all know salt brings out the flavor of foods.  Just use your own judgement and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. My mom and I can't wait for the cookbook - sign us up for a copy! Sounds fabulous!

    Lynne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful idea!!!! i live on frozen food...............

    ReplyDelete