Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hello Baby Boomers

I thought I would try a different approach to a cook book. Inject a bit of fun and humor and if you are old enough, nostalgia.  If you are not, then it is history.

I'm not a chef or a formal cook; I'm simply an artist who spent many years alone and discovered the kitchen as a place of salvation.  The content of my book is the result of desire and necessity. I like to cook, I like to eat and I need to be frugal. Since I am a contributor to the Baby Boom generation, being a father of four sons, I thought I might be helpful, not to mention, make a few bucks. Needless to say, lifestyles over the past 50 years have changed, but everyone still likes to eat and cooking yourself can be fun.  And for many of us today, we have a need to be frugal.

Today every time you flip a light switch, turn on your TV, use your telephone, buy a loaf of bread or a roll of toilet paper - YOU PAY TAX. So..."frugality" is the KEYWORD.  My information goes beyond recipes; it is about cooking ahead, preparation and storage. I am not a food expert.  I only offer tried and true recipes and procedures for food I have eaten all my life and a system of preparation and storage I have used for the past 22 years. I am 76 and still going. So use your own judgement or seek advise.

I am of Italian decent so most of my recipes are Italian, but you will find Russian, French, Chinese, Polynesian, German and more.

I will offer recipes from my book on this blog for you to experiment and enjoy. Let me know if you love it, hate it or just don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment