Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Everything But the Kitchen Sink

Pots, Pans, Utensils is what I present here. Of course mine are a bit updated since those days. Now...refrigerators, freezers, microwaves and mixers. What do you need? Damned if I know. I will simply tell you what I use and you can add, subtract or modify whatever you wish. WOW, freedom of choice can be difficult.


I put the spotlight on my 1940's butcher block which I acquired nearly 40 years ago. It weighs about 250 pounds and has been around the block, from Philly to Atlanta today. Here's most of my kitchen stuff...

Good set of knives • wooden mallet and spoons • large stainless steel fork, 2 spoons, tongs •  can opener • knife sharpener • potato peeler and ricer • strainers, large and small • pots-stainless steel 1,2,3 and 4 quart with lids • frying pans-6/8 inch, 12 inch, cast aluminum, non-stick • crock pot • SS roasting pans 2-1/2"x9"x14", 2-1/2"x9"x9", glass 4"x4"x9" •  mixing bowels-SS 8" & 12" •  Braun portable mixer • toaster oven (handy) • splash guard for frying • set of measuring spoons and cups • wok-steel • cutting boards, synthetic-8" &14."

Gadgets for slicing and dicing are endless; I have a few myself, so whatever your preference, GO FOR IT. In any case this is a start.

OK...soon we'll be on our way to the kitchen and recipes. The kitchen, temple of creativity; where you will find the aroma of the Gods, the seduction of taste buds and the essence of life - FOOD and PREPARATION on an economic level.

No comments:

Post a Comment